the State Agrarian University of Armenia Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandary was founded in 1928. In the form of South Caucasian Veterinary Institute as a veterinarian faculty. Professor B.N.Michailov was the founder and the first dean, who was succeeded by A. Tamamshev, S. Shcherbakov, A. Rukhkyan, B. Masino, D. Znamenski, P. Galoyan, V. Safrazbekyan and etc. In 1994 after the unification of Armenian Agriculture Institute and Yerevan Zoo Veterinary Institute the faculty was renamed into the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, and in 2003 the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry was formed.
The head of faculty is Professor A. Vardanyan.
The faculty has the following chairs:
The faculty trains specialists in the following fields:
The faculty is equipped with all necessary technical devices and materials, modern European literature and equipment. In order to ensure qualified education practices are organized in veterinary cliniques, experimental farms , meat factories, milk factories and etc. This critiques and laboratories not only helt the students to obtain practical knowledge, but also serve the public.
Students take part in courses of artificial insemination and obtain qualification of “Operator of Artificial Insemination”.
Different programs are carried out, including international, such as “ TEMPUS TASIS”, “ERASMUS” and etc. The educational state criteria have been renovated, as well as curricula, methodical literature.