International conference on pig welfare
Please join us for a two-day international conference in
Copenhagen focusing on pig welfare!
The conference is free of charge and is open to all with an
interest in the field of animal welfare, pig production and
The programme contains presentations from highly
esteemed scientists and specialists who will present recent
knowledge on animal welfare with the main focus on
pigs. The conference will in several workshops facilitate
discussions on the ways forward for pig welfare. A
concluding panel discussion will bring together different
stakeholders’ views on the ways forward for improving pig
welfare. Finally, the conference welcomes researchers to
present posters on projects focusing on pig welfare.
CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Recent knowledge on tail docking and castration
• Recent knowledge on piglet and sow mortality
• Animal welfare in the organic pig production
• Pig welfare and sustainability
• Use of animal welfare indicators to improve animal
• The ability of market forces to drive animal welfare
• The role of education in improving animal welfare?