WHO Fourth International Meeting on the Control of Neglected Zoonotic Diseases
On 19-20 November 2014, a WVA representative attended the WHO Fourth International Meeting on the Control of Neglected Zoonotic Diseases.
The meeting took place in the WHO Headquarters in Geneva with the following objectives:
· Showcase successfully implemented programmes and track progress since the previous three international Neglected Zoonotic Diseases (NZD) meetings.
· Identify ways in which to achieve the NZD milestones as specified in the WHO roadmap.
· Explore ways in which current control interventions can be extended to include other NZDs.
· Increase awareness of NZDs through promotion of health education and communication.
· Launch the Pan-African platform for the prevention and control of NZDs.
· Influence leaders, in particular key policy makers and donors, to increase commitment to actions to control NZDs.
Short summary of the meeting can be found by clicking on the following link: http://www.who.int/neglected_diseases/zoonoses/fourth_international_nzd_meeting/en/