WVA InfoNews - March 2013
WVA EXCOM: On 27th February 2013, the WVA EXCOM held a call conference. The main issue of discussion was the communication of the new WVA draft rules to the WVA members in order to facilitate their adoption by the PA. The EXCOM agreed that the WVA secretariat will prepare an information package to the WVA members to be disseminated electronically as well as by WVA Councilors in the different regional conferences and events.
WVA Position on Identifying a Veterinarian: please find HERE the link to the WVA position on Identifying a Veterinarian which was adopted recently by the WVA Council.
WVA introductory presentation: please find HERE the WVA basic presentation which gives a short but informative introduction regarding the WVA.
New WVA website: The WVA Secretariat is currently working on the creation of a new WVA Website. The new website will be launched later on this year.
John Gamgee Award 2013
The WVA is delighted to announce a call for nominations for the John Gamgee Award for outstanding contributions to veterinary science and for the veterinary profession.
In the light of the 150 years of World Veterinary Congresses and 30 years after the last time that this award was given, a John Gamgee Award will be given to a selected veterinarian in the WVA 150 Anniversary celebration during WVC 2013 in Prague, Czech Republic, 17-20 September 2013.
The winner of the John Gamgee Award 2013 will be invited to the World Veterinary Congress in Prague in September 2013, where he/she will receive the award.
80th PVMA Annual Convention and Scientific Conference
On 20 - 22nd February 2013, the Philippine Veterinary Medical Association held its 80th Scientific Conference and Annual Convention in Manila, the Philippines with great success. WVA President, Dr. Faouzi Kechrid participated and delivered a presentation, introducing the WVA to the conference participants. More information regarding the 80th PVMA Annual Convention and Scientific Conference can be found HERE.
WVA Working Groups
In the WVA Council meeting of 6 January 2013, the WVA Council established new WVA Working Groups (WG):
- WG on WVA Policies and Procedures Manual. The aim of this WG is to review, reorganize, and update the current WVA Policies and Procedures Manual which will accompany the new proposal for WVA Constitutions and By-Laws.
- WG on the WVA 150 Celebration year’s event. The aim of this WG is to prepare the program for the WVA 150thanniversary celebration which will take place on 19th September 2013 right after the WVA Presidents Assembly during the WVC 2013.
- WG on the future WVC. After the adoption by the Council of the new set of principles for the future World Veterinary Congress, the WG is now working further preparing for a prompt implementation of these rules after the possible adoption by the PA.
31st World Veterinary Congress 2013
The date for the 31st World Veterinary Congress 2013 is getting closer.
The registration on-line is now open in the following link: http://www.wvc2013.com
Apart of the vast scientific program, the WVC 2013 including also:
- The Global Veterinary Seminar on Animal Welfare (organized together with EU Commission).
- The Global Summit (organized together with FAO, OIE and WHO).
- WVA 150th Anniversary Celebration event.
- John Gamgee Award
- The World Veterinary day Award