WVA InfoNews - May 2013
WVA Presidents Assembly 2013 and 2014
WVA PA 2013
As already announced, the WVA Presidents Assembly (PA) 2013 will take place on Thursday 19th September 2013 in Prague, Czech Republic during the World Veterinary Congress 2013. The PA will be followed by the WVA 150 year’s celebration event.
The official invitation letter and registration forms are already sent to all WVA members. All participants in the PA are urgently requested to send their registrations to the Secretariat by 31st July 2013 at the latest. The draft agenda for the PA 2013 will be sent out shortly.
WVA PA 2014
The WVA is happy to announce that the WVA PA 2014 will take place in Singapore in connection with the 18th FAVA congress on 28-30 November 2014.
WVA Council Activities
On 13th May 2013, the WVA Council held a call conference. The main issues discussed are:
- The approval of two draft Memorandums of Understanding: one with the World Farmers’ Organization and one with the International Dairy Federation.
- The proposal for WVA Constitution and By-laws and the information package which will be circulated to all WVA members. All Councilors will be actively involved in informing the members about the proposal.
- The proposal for the WVA membership fees calculation model.
- The future organization of WVC.
- WVC 2013 and the preparations for WVA activates during the congress.
WVA meeting with the Global Alliance for Rabies Control
On 29th April 2013, the WVA Secretariat (Jan Vaarten and Zeev Noga) met with representatives of the Global Alliance for Rabies Control and representatives from OIE and FAO. They spoke about collaboration on rabies control in developing countries. The outcome of the meeting will be worked out in a formal agreement and an action plan for the next years.
More than 20 applications were received for the 2013 World Veterinary Day Award. The combined OIE – WVA award committee will analyze all applications and take a decision regarding the winner of the 2013 World Veterinary Day Award. The winner will be announced on 26 May 2013 in the opening session of the OIE 81st General Session. Thereafter the winner will be invited to receive the prize during the WVC in September 2013 in Prague.
The Secretariat also received many applications for the John Gamgee Award 2013. The award will be given at the occasion of WVA’s 150 anniversary. The winner of this award will also be invited to receive it at the WVC 2013.