The WVA and MSD Animal Health are delighted to announce the 2023 Veterinary Student Scholarship Program which will attribute 80 scholarships to veterinary students around the globe and help their academic experience.
The WVA/MSD Student Scholarship Programs have been taking place each year since 2016. WVA and MSD have agreed to continue the successful collaboration and to launch the 2023 Veterinary Student Scholarship Program for another slot of 80 scholarships of US$ 2,500 (of a total of $200,000) to be granted to selected students from countries in the regions of Latin America, Africa, North Africa/Middle East and Asia/Oceania.
- Not a recipient of any previous MSD Animal Health/WVA scholarship.
- Citizen of one of the countries under the grant coverage: Latin America, Africa, North Africa/Middle East and Asia/Oceania.
- Currently registered for the academic year 2023-2024 at a recognized school of veterinary medicine in the country.
- Have completed all first-year exams.
- Registered in the second – or third-year year of the program (or equivalent if the program is longer than 4 years).
- First and last year students are not eligible candidates for this scholarship program.
Reviews and deliberation
Applications will be reviewed by an ad hoc committee of the WVA Working Group on Veterinary Education. The announcement of the selected students will be done online during the World Veterinary Association Congress in Cape Town, South Africa, happening between 16-19th April 2024.
Deadline for application
Completed applications must be submitted by the 3rd December 2023, 12:00 pm (CET).
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through the WVA Smarter Select platform. Read carefully, click ‘APPLY’ and create your personal account to get started.
MSD Animal Health and the World Veterinary Association encourage qualified students to submit their applications and wish success to all candidates.
Have some questions? Check out the FAQ of this Program.